Cisco is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
We are looking for a Mid-level Software Engineer to work on Cisco’s Application Detection Team. Major responsibilities include to help the support of our current application identification ad firewall capabilities of our next generation firewall, and work on the upcoming features of our roadmap. The position has to be for engineers that have experience with Test Driven Development, unit tests and some automation. Hiring for our Fulton, MD location, open to relocation within the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 4-7 years C/C++ software development.
- Development experience with Linux/Unix platforms.
- Working experience and clear understanding of different Network Protocols.
- Team player
- Firewall experience support
- Agile Scrum methodology
- Test Driven Development
- Testing Automation experience
- IDS, IPS technologies and products
- Maintain the day to day operations for application and firewall related issues.
- Add new features and capabilities in the firewall.
- Update/create new manuals and design documents for any of the new features.
- Create the appropriate testing and automation scripts for the new features.