Assistant Vice President/Vice President - Programmer Analyst
Bank of America - full time
08 May 2017
- You will be part of an Equity Derivative Technology team responsible for supporting and enhancing an electronic trading platform for the securities and derivatives businesses. The team, while having a global presence, requires experienced, dedicated members to ensure functionality of the platform matches the specifics of the local markets and users.
- The successful candidate will join the global team, continuously improving an electronic trading platform that is strategic for several lines of business of the firm.
Members of this team are exposed to challenging tasks that allows them to get a deep understanding of the firm’s technologies, processes and trading floor users.
- The culture of the firm is one that fosters excellence, team work, learning, delivering and believing in our people. We are looking for a new team member who loves to learn and take initiative.
- The successful candidate will be involved in supporting and improving a C++ and .NET based trading application for securities and derivatives, covering both front end and server side development, including working on automated trading engines.
- The candidate will be a core member of the global team and will be responsible for the entire delivery pipeline - from gathering requirements, writing tests, developing the system, and working with the tech partners and users to roll out the deliverable.
- You will also be expected to develop relationships across the regional and global technology partners and user communities as part of the deliverable.
- Since the team develops and maintains an application for electronic trading, successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and contribute on various other aspects of electronic trading applications used by the firm. This will also offer great networking opportunities with end-users in the financial industry.
Technologies used by the team widely vary from C++/Python/Oracle/Tibco etc and candidate is not expected to be a master of every one of these technologies but must have an aptitude and appetite for learning. Ability to cope with challenging requests with the sense of compliance. Highly motivated, fast learner, able to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and social skills (working with traders), good attention to details and work well in a distributed team environment.
- Application development in C++ on Solaris/Linux. Strong knowledge of standard library, STL, containers and algorithms.
- Experience debugging multithreaded systems.
- Hands on experience with database applications using Oracle.
- Interpreted languages (Python, shell scripting).
Nice to have:
- C# / .NET
- Middleware experience using TIBCO, RV or any similar technologies.
- Previous experience in financial industry.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunity employer.