Help Autodesk users imagine and design a better world by contributing to development of Autodesk Revit, the leading building information modeling software. Our software is used by 100,000+ architects, engineers, and other building industry professionals to design everything from the world’s tallest skyscrapers, largest airports, and new landmarks to homes and businesses that you visit every day.
Revit’s engineering team brings intelligence and efficiency to the building design and development process by solving hard software problems. As a software engineer, you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery of working software.
Autodesk Revit is a complex product and we are looking for somebody who is as enthusiastic about re-factoring, optimizing, and enhancing existing code and algorithms as they are about designing and developing new code and services.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery and monitoring of software and services
- Develop new state of the art functionality and services that push the envelope for -
Building Information Modeling (BIM) around the world
- Re-factor, optimize, and enhance existing code, algorithms, and services
- Keep up with current and new research in the field of computational geometry
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Applied Math or a related field (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- C++ experience is a must, including good memory management practices
- Strong knowledge of good software architecture practices including design patterns, object-oriented programming practices, and service architecture patterns
- Strong background in Math, Geometry and Linear Algebra. Experience with relevant numerical algorithms
- Strong understanding of algorithmic complexity and how it impacts system performance – experience using performance analysis tools is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and creatively evaluate and address issues related to systems stability, scalability, and extensibility
- Great communication skills that enable effective communication with both technical and domain experts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team – experience with agile processes is a plus
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience working in a very large code base, including enhancing and resolving issues in pre-existing code
- Experience working with a geometry kernel of a software package
- Experience with BIM, CAD, or modeling software and / or working with the APIs for such products
- Experience with building-related industries such as architecture or structural engineering
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers.
Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualiﬁed applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Autodesk will consider for employment all applicants with criminal histories consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and any other state, federal or local law.