Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
As part of the VMAX Sustaining Engineering Organization you will play a key role within the Storage Division at DELL EMC. The successful candidate will become part of the customer facing division of the VMAX Engineering group, designing and implementing improvements to the VMAX product install base as well as developing solutions to complex customer issues. The successful candidate will be joining a team of engineers considered as systems experts with in depth source code knowledge and strong coding ability and widely recognized as engineers that help drive improvements and features of the highest quality with recovery, serviceability and Total Customer Experience the forefront of everything they do.
- The ideal candidate will have software development experience in C/C++ or experience in debugging large scale C/C++ code bases.
- Assignments include developing complex solutions, mostly written in C, to issues found in existing product features.
- Assignments may also include assisting with new feature development, working closely with the development teams for assistance to design and implement, to ensure new features are released on time with quality.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, be well organized, and have the ability to thrive in a very fast-paced engineering environment.
- Must be independent and capable of working as part of a remote team which is part of a wider globally dispersed organization.
- Must be able to collaborate well with other engineer groups and voluntarily share information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of a functional area and independently resolve real-time customer issues, using advanced debug techniques and in depth code analysis.
- Independently perform detailed root-cause analysis of critical events including assisting with full scale customer recreations and helping to develop fixes to resolve the underlying issue.
- Assist in the development of new features and evolution of the current VMAX Microcode code base based on past customer experiences.
- Where applicable and with development team’s assistance, design, code, test and document changes to the code and be accountable for QA test cycle code validation through triage activities.
- Hands on coding skills in C or C++, but at a minimum the ability to read and understand complex, large scale C/C++ code
- Experience developing for real-time embedded systems, distributed systems, and/or fault-tolerant system environments is a plus
- Strong in Operating System concepts, Data Structures and system programming
- Experience developing/sustaining on large established code bases is a plus
- Very good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn independently
- Knowledge of EMC Storage architecture a plus
- Excellent communication skills to report on progress and challenges and to drive change
- Ability to work in a global team environment
- General knowledge and application of software engineering processes
Education & Experience:
- BE or equivalent degree in Computer Science or similar disciplines
- 5-8 years’ experience in programming and/or troubleshooting software systems
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our p lanet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.