Qt (pronounced “cute”) is the leading C++ cross-platform application and UI framework in the world. Headquartered in Finland, The Qt Company is responsible for Qt development, productization and licensing under commercial and open-source licenses. The Qt Company has over 230 employees in Product Management, R&D, Sales, Marketing and Consulting Services with several offices worldwide.
The Qt Company Service Team helps large global customers to reach their targets by providing them advisor services both in Qt software framework and customer software solution area guidance and solutions on the use of Qt APIs, functions, methods and programming techniques for all major platforms.
As a key member of this team, for the Automotive market segment, you will contribute primarily to the in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems and/or instrument cluster systems. You will take technical advisor leadership and ownership from The Qt Company side towards a customer on varying project tasks including, but not limited to, requirements, design, and delivery of applications primarily using the Qt framework, usually on embedded Linux based platforms. You will also have direct access to Qt’s R&D department for applying the latest Qt technologies for real customer use case adaptation.
You need to be enthusiastic, have a proven track-record of successful application development in the embedded environment and willingness for problem solving and quick adaptation to new technical environments. You will need to work fluently and with pride in the customer interface as a recognized specialist of your own technical subject – A tip of the spear for the technologies we represent.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Leads design, architecture and development efforts for Qt’s Automotive customers (Tier-1s or OEMs)
- Analyze Requirements, Functional Specifications against the target HW
- Create software design for applications developed in Qt and its interaction with other library components on the IVI stack
- Interface with customers on system architecture through workshops and design meetings
- Identify and address system level issues, for example: resource consumption, performance, boot time and inter-application communication
- Present technical solutions to customers/prospects
- Provide support to the customer’s development organization and is the go to person for any Qt related technical help
- Expertise and work efforts focus primarily on securing customer success in using Qt Software products in the Automotive market
- Duties may be performed at customer’s site and in-house
- Travel every now and then to the client site, especially when architecture planning phase is ongoing
Educational and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or higher (not mandatory)
- Preferably 5+ years of working on large software programs
Experienced and talented C++/Qt developer with deep understanding of one or more of the following:
- Strong C++ experience with successful track record in developing C++ applications
- Experience with major automotive Tier-1s and/or OEMs, with prior IVI or Cluster architecture is a big plus
- Strong exposure to Embedded Linux adaptation and Qt including Yocto project
- Excellent Technical understanding of Qt Software Products (Qt, Qt for Embedded Linux, Qt tools)