This opening is for an OpenGL/ES/Vulkan driver software engineer for AMD graphics systems. The engineer will be involved in the silicon bring-up, debug and performance tuning of new graphics hardware running on multiple operating systems. The position will involve interfacing with ASIC design engineers and architects, OS engineers and peers in related development teams. The ability to interact directly with and debug low level hardware and operating system functionality is required. The individual will be a member of a team where communication and team skills are highly valued.
This team is essential to the success of AMD as a growing company. It is an exciting environment where you will be working on some of the most interesting projects the industry has to offer.
- Implement OpenGL/ES/Vulkan new features/extensions for new generation AMD GPU.
- Maintain and refine OpenGL/ES/Vulkan driver architecture
- Validate functionalities for new generation of GPUs on simulators and bring it up on real silicon
- Fine-tune OpenGL/ES/Vulkan benchmark performance for games and workstation applications
- Work with key customers and vendors for feature implementation and issue solving.
- Interact with the Graphics Community on behalf of AMD
- Develop internal tools to improve development efficiency and productivity
- Strong expertise in computer architecture, data structure and algorightms
- Rich and strong experience in C/C++ programming (5 years experience for MTS applicants)
- Solid knowledge in Computer Graphics,understand GPU graphics pipeline,shader system
- Familiarity with ARM/Android platform,Direct3D and compiler technology is a desired plus
- Knowledge or hands-on experience in Linux kernel or driver development is a big plus
- Strong knowledge in software development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge in using debug tools (Visual studio,GDB etc)
- Must be a good team player with team-working spirits and easy-going personality.
- Prefer MS or higher education in CS or EE or Mathematics