The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS.
IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is seeking an engineer who will work extensively on audio subsystem that supports playback of user interface sounds and haptics across various products.
- Understanding of the software development and testing process
- Working knowledge of C++ and Objective-C
- Technical understanding of audio technologies
- Proactive learning and a passion for learning new technologies
- Experience working with Audio APIs is desirable
- 2+ years of software development/testing experience
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The candidate must be a team player, but also be able to work effectively on their own. The fast-paced nature of the job requires a candidate who can work well under pressure. We are seeking someone who is passionate about audio and is interested in improving the quality of audio experience for our customers.
BS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience)