Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
As a graphics software engineer on Facebook AR camera you will be responsible for building cutting edge 3D graphics solutions for mobile platforms that will power the next generation of AR experiences available to more than a billion Facebook users on their mobile phones. You will be working closely with computer vision engineers and technical artists to enable interactive, fun and immersive visual effects that people cannot even yet imagine. We are looking for talented engineers passionate about 3D graphics and willing to push the boundary of AR technologies forward. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with background in graphics on mobile platforms, with strong software design and low-level optimization skills and with passion for innovations.
- Design and implement cutting edge 3D graphics solutions for mobile platforms
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals
- Optimize graphics performance on devices ranging from the latest high-end smart phones to lower-end mobile devices
- Work closely with computer vision engineers and technical artists to create the world's best AR experience on mobile platforms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience developing in C/C++
- Strong practical background in 3D computer graphics, extensive knowledge of graphics APIs (OpenGL, DirectX, Metal or Vulkan) and graphics algorithms
- Experience designing and working with 3D graphics engines
- Experience using OpenGL ES on embedded or mobile platforms is a plus
- Experience developing and shipping applications on mobile platforms like iOS and Android is a plus