The Ticker Plant team is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design and develop software for our high performance financial information system. The Ticker Plant is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional Service, processing market data from around the world and driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg applications. The position requires excellent computer programming fundamentals, the ability to appreciate and create abstraction, and strong problem-solving aptitude. We work closely with multiple businesses and sales groups to design and develop our systems to satisfy ever-growing customer demands.
The successful candidate will join a team that is leading the design and development of our Feed and Ticker Plant systems. In this role you will participate in the design and implementation of various feed processing components and systems that are required to be highly efficient, robust, and scalable. In addition to developing high performance software, you can expect to learn about the financial markets and Bloomberg's real-time pricing applications. Our work environment is open, creative, and friendly. We are seeking a motivated and autonomous software developer with a passion for software design to join us in continuing our industry-leading success.
You need to have:
- 3+ years of hands-on C++ development work experience
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structure, algorithms)
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Perl & Python a plus)
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
We'd love to see:
- Experience with low-latency & multi-threaded systems
- Exposure to the full software development life-cycle
- Design patterns and template programming
- Knowledge of financial markets