About the role
The Media Processing Group produces graphics hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, Display and Video IP. Our Mali™ Graphics Processors (GPUs) have an advanced, highly programmable architecture for accelerating 2D and 3D graphics, specifically tuned for high performance and energy efficiency. The flagship Mali-G71 series multi-core GPU sets a new standard for graphics and compute performance with low energy consumption. Our Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL and Renderscript drivers support cutting edge gaming and state of the art user interfaces on operating systems such as Linux and Android. To see the current Mali GPUs in action take a look at the Mali Developer Center (http://www.malideveloper.com).
Our mission is to be the number one provider of 2D/3D Graphics technology on the planet. If you have a passion for graphics technology and want to shape the future of mobile devices, then we want to hear from you.
What will I be accountable for?
ARM is looking for a highly skilled and motivated software engineer to join an Agile embedded software development team working on the leading edge of mobile GPU technologies. Working on the next generation Mali™ mobile IPs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help shape the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
You will be joining a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development team located in Shanghai (China). The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the graphics driver of the world's most popular GPU — Mali. The role involves cooperating with other teams in UK and Norway, as well as customers throughout the world. You will be working within the software engineering team and developing graphics drivers for the current and future ARM graphics cores for various platforms.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience developing software for Linux, Android, preferably working on driver or middleware development.
- Expert knowledge of C.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Knowledge of Khronos APIs such as GLES and EGL.
- Knowledge of Linux and Android graphics framework.
Applications from candidates who don’t fully meet the essential criteria but who demonstrate a passion and aptitude for the role will also be considered. The grade and salary offered for the successful applicant will reflect the level of skills and experience.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.