The role is for an experienced and skilled developer to work alongside an existing mature development team in the Operations Technology group . There will be the opportunity to contribute enhancements and improvements on the existing system and also on positioning the system to ease migration to the next gen platform. Additionally, there will be the expectation for the successful applicant to fulfill 2nd level support duties.
- Interact with business partners, support and functional teams as well as end users for any collaborative type of work.
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Facilitate the use of technology to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Proactively identify and implement opportunities for process improvement eliminating waste while increasing value to our clients.
- Proactively identify functional or organizational processes and procedures that do not fit with the bank’s risk framework.
- Participate in technology projects or initiatives supporting organizational goals.
- Strong C++ background
- Strong Linux/Unix
- Windows development skills
- Shell scripting (also experience in other scripting languages such as Perl/Python)
- DB skills (sql capability on Sybase/Oracle)
- Familiarity with continuous integration type development model ie auto build and auto-test and support tools eg Jenkins
- Familiarity with automated testing practices
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Financial industry experience : equities (not essential but nice to have)
- Good verbal and written communication
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunity employer.