Electronic Trading Technology (ETT) develops products for facilitating access to electronic markets, automating and optimizing execution via value-added algorithms and strategies, and analyzing transaction flow pre- and post-execution. ETT at BAML has positioned itself as a leading cutting edge technology organization that delivers superior service and capabilities to its internal and external clients. This strategy is embodied by its low-latency, highly responsive electronic trading platform and cost-effective infrastructure based on industry-leading technologies.
The ETT team is a Global team with High visibility across the business and technology spectrum and has strong presence in every region (Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific). We are seeking to hire a Front Office Business facing Technology specialist role for our in-house Market Data feed handler and distribution platform. We are looking for individuals who are excited to work in challenging and demanding environment designing in-house real-time applications which are robust, resilient and super low latency.
This particular position, of C++ Developer, encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Hands on design, development, testing and deployment of server-side services and applications supporting the business
- Optimizing the platform by using network and systems programming and other advanced techniques to minimize latency
- Working closely with the Global ETT teams to take the platform to the next level.
- Providing support for the desk with product related questions or issues.
- Be a team player
A candidate filling this position in the group must have solid hands-on experience in designing real-time low latency solutions working in server side C++ programming. Candidate must be proficient in advances made in C++ technology, in multithreading, STL containers, templates, memory management and algorithms. The delivery standards for the software, and its criticality to the business, are exacting hence a candidate will be expected to have sound understanding of software development processes and should possess strong sense of accountability for the delivery and the quality of the software.
Our ideal candidate is a graduate with a degree in computer science with:
- University degree in Computer Science
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming in C++
- Strong familiarity with multithreading concepts, network and socket programming.
- Experience with low latency programming techniques is required
- Experience with market data platform development is a strong plus
- Prior knowledge of Java is a strong plus.
- Familiar with Shell Scripting/Python/Perl etc.
- Experience with Agile development/automated testing.
- Excellent communications skills, prior experience in business facing role.
- Experience of working in a distributed development environment (Git/JIRA/gradle/ etc.)
- Laser like focus in identifying automation opportunities/process simplification.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunity employer.