Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software and services.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things.
If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software.
Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
3ds Max team is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Developer to join an exciting team of professionals who build some of the most advanced 3D animation solutions for designers, visualization specialists, game and film artists.
As a Senior Software Developer part of Autodesk’s 3ds Max product group, you will work as part of a team, using Agile development methodologies to provide innovative workflows for our customers using the latest in technology. This is an opportunity for you to contribute in significant way on an industry leading digital content creation solution.
Autodesk offers a fun, creative and rewarding environment with a full range of benefits, including a very competitive compensation package.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role and own a particular area of a project and codebase.
- Actively participate in decision making and direction by making recommendations on improving product quality as well as group productivity.
- Be responsible for code of significant size and complexity which may require a high degree of ingenuity or creativity
- Design, prototype, implement, test and troubleshoot product features according to market requirements and product specifications.
- Produce clean, maintainable, well-documented code in adherence with internal standards.
- Collaborate with other software architects and developers worldwide
- Participate in architecture / code reviews and eliminate implementation problems early in development cycle
- Work closely with QA teams in unit level testing and problem resolution
Create low level software designs prior to coding. Write high level software designs and specifications for feature implementation. Document implications for other areas of the product.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience delivering professional software
- Strong experience with Computer Graphics application development
- Good working experience real time graphics programming particularly with DirectX and HLSL
- Experience with handling and optimizing large datasets
- Familiar with animation, VFX or data visualization techniques
- Strong object-oriented, software architecture and C++ skills are required
- Capacity to maintain and evolve large projects
- Must have excellent time, task, and resource organization skills and be willing to meet aggressive deadlines
- Must be able to work well with other programmers and existing codebases
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly to multiple priorities
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile software development process.
- 3ds Max product knowledge.
- Git/Github knowledge.
We'd like to thank all candidates for their interest. We will get in touch with candidates who are selected for an interview.