How many chances do you get in a lifetime to define the next generation of Information Technology?
Come join the group that has been responsible for incubating and developing key technologies in internet video streaming, scalable cloud computing, and converged smartphones. This Microsoft NExT startup team in Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence and Research division is looking for high-ambition software developers with experience architecting and building out V1 software to join our accomplished team of architects and engineers. While we are passionate about technology, our true drive is to change the world for billions of customers to come.
This team in Microsoft NExT is conducting research around an end-to-end solution for connected devices that spans boot loaders and operating systems to high-scale services that can run non-stop around the globe. We work in small, collaborative teams to architect and prototype massively scalable and reliable systems. These opportunities provide unparalleled opportunity to grow your skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies.
In this role you will:
- Architect, design, and implement features in V1 projects, with high quality.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Analyze, extend, and debug existing software systems we incorporate into our work.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, and testing of the software you build.
- Respectfully bring your own perspective, increasing the diversity of our group.
- Experience shipping and maintaining embedded runtime libraries and/or customer-facing API design.
- Exceptionally strong coding skills in C and Modern C++.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver V1 software using modern development practices.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Practical experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD) on at least 1 prior shipped product.
- Comfort working through ambiguity.
- A bachelor’s degree (or work experience equivalent) in computer science or a related field.
- Proven experience building and shipping production software or services.