Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell/EMC's Data Domain is the Market Leader in deduplication storage solutions. As a principal member of the Data Domain File Systems development team, you will work on complex design problems and provide highly innovative solutions in our fast paced, technically challenging work environment.
In this critical role you will:
- Define, architect, implement, and support large and complex modules within the DataDomain File System.
- Analyze and improve system performance.
- Interact with customers to help understand requirements as well as troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Interface with other functional areas such as Support, QA, and Product Management.
- Develop and review unit test procedures and work closely with QA to develop system integration test plans.
The skills/experience that would make you a great fit:
- Broad knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems and experience with contemporary software engineering principles.
- Excellent C and/or C++ programming skills on Unix/Linux
- Expertise in designing, implementing, and debugging user level, multi-threaded systems.
- Knowledge of PKI, cryptographic algorithms, data encryption, integration with KMIP based external key management servers, etc.
- Knowledge of performance analysis tools and techniques for multi-threaded systems.
- Basic understanding of kernel internals.
- Expertise in Data Structures and Algorithms; ability to scale algorithms without loss of performance, a plus.
- Knowledge in deduplication approaches a plus.
- Knowledge of File System internals, Log structured File Systems, storage systems, garbage collection, a plus.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.