Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation apps since 2002 and have been the market leader ever since.
And, we are not slowing down.
- Are you passionate about helping people around the world getting to their destination faster?
- Are you interested in routing applications and automotive navigation?
- Do you like working on next generation technologies? Who doesn’t actually?
- What about making a difference with your OWN ideas for features and improvements, getting a top place on the backlog?
How about - Want to code the future?
Pretty big thinking. We like to think we make that happen. We are looking for curious and bright minds in software development to join our navigation engine development team NavKit. The experience (and future opportunities) may include complex algorithm development, optimization for embedded devices, solving scalability issues when dealing with huge amounts of static and dynamic map and traffic data, efficiently serving a rapidly increasing user base, developing a variety of novel algorithms on road networks and providing the best possible user experience.
Recognition and awards – we are pretty humble when it comes to these. But we do like to be acknowledged for what we do.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in C++
- Extend, improve and integrate algorithms in TomTom products for server-based solutions and mobile devices
- Maintain our navigation software stack and contribute to its software and design quality; always strive to improve the quality of our software products; continuously improve our testing strategies and test coverage
- Create and share interface specifications and code documentation
What we expect from you
- C++ programming experience
- Java, Python is a plus
- Architectural mindset
- Familiarity with STL and knowledge of the Boost C++ Libraries is a plus
- You would like to work as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled agile environment
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table
- You enjoy achieving things together as a team
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a start-up but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- We like to have fun and enjoy what we do. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers.
- A fantastic view of Berlin. Our workplace is on the 26th floor!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you! Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers. Your recruiter for this vacancy is Timon Krommendam.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.