Dell is a collective of customer- obsessed, industry- leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
At the Dell EMC Data Protection Division, you’ll have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world’s information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best- of- breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain—the #1 deduplication storage system. Dell EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery market. IDC’s latest forecast shows Dell EMC with 62% market share—3x over our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the data protection solution with next generation of data center products. If you’re looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence – the Dell EMC Data Protection Division is for you.
We have a critical need for a senior engineer to be responsible for working on storage management and infrastructure components on data protection storage appliance.
A sample of the type of work you would perform in this role:
- Develop software in C for Linux- based appliance platform
- Define the architecture and design of the software components that manage the storage and platform infrastructure
- Provide analysis, design, estimation, implementation, unit testing and maintenance for product and platform features.
- Collaborate in design discussions and design/code reviews
- Work in CI/CD SAFe agile software development model
- Follow the implementation through QA and beta customer installations, ensuring quality software delivery
- Adhere to software development life cycle processes and ensuring code quality through source control tools
The Skills and Background that would make you a good fit:
- Proficiency in C Programming in Linux environment
- Hands on experience developing in Linux Operating system both in kernel and user space environment
- Innovative, out of box thinker, must be able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Familiarity with software build environments and software build process, including exposure to make files and scripting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in working high pace Agile development process a plus
- BS, MS, and/or PhD in Computer Science plus 5+ years applicable industry experience
Experience/Skills that are a plus:
- Python and Shell
- Understanding of Storage subsystem and Linux file system