- Are you the DevOps professional who feels at home when operations, development and QA come together?
- Do you like an environment where multiple tools and programming languages are used?
- Are you thrilled to develop an idea from the initial stages until it's available to customers?
Then this is your perfect new job!
We are looking for new members in our online navigation team. They work on TomTom's award-winning routing engine code, adapt it to online use cases and deploy it in the cloud.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Consolidate all different C++ written components which make up the hybrid (server-side and client-side) navigation core for continuous delivery.
- Extending and improving the back-end C++ navigation engine.
- Deploying and maintaining the Java service layer web application in the AWS cloud.
- Extending and improving that application, including the design and documentation of its RESTful HTTP interface for online and hybrid routing/guidance.
What we expect from you
- A skilled and passionate C++ developer with working knowledge of Java and common frameworks (Spring, JAX-RS).
- Industry experience in deploying and maintaining a highly available web service in a Linux environment.
- Experience with AWS is a plus. If you do not have it, you'll learn it on the job.
- Attention to quality: you value a tight test harness as an essential part of software development.
- You like to work as a member of a self-organising Scrum team.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a start-up but have the benefits of a billion-euro company.
- A fantastic view of Berlin. Our workplace is on the 26th floor!
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to work every day if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurship is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.