You will join a team responsible for security certification for Samsung Knox mobile devices. You will be working within an established team which specialises in the mobile security solutions. You will be responsible for providing expertise in the area of mobile security certifications to address immediate requirements of government customers across the globe.
As you will be working in a team, it is essential to have good inter-personal and communications skills. This role requires a good understanding of Mobile Security Certification experience including the latest technologies and processes. You will assist the team in understanding underlying processes and options.
The main tasks you are expected to perform include:
- Be involved in, and contribute to, the process of getting Samsung Smartphones and Tablet devices certified for various government agencies across the globe.
- Liaise with government certification teams to understand day to day issues and progress through the certification process.
- Create all necessary documents which describe the overall process and share with business stake holders.
- Create the necessary documents to describe issues encountered in an effective manner to get the right support from development teams.
- Understand detailed security characteristics for the device/function to be certified and prepare the device to meet those characteristics with the help of the development team. This can also include writing code to create test modules to verify requirements and creating necessary documents describing the security of product/function.
- Create the overall plan to get certification, including ownership and execution of the plan.
- Work with the product management team to educate them on customers requirements and influence the product roadmap.
- This role will require global travel to attend meetings with certification bodies and customers as and when required.
- Timely provision of written progress reports to your team leader.
All work is to be of a high professional standard, paying due regard to safety, efficiency, cost effectiveness, time scales and the needs of the company.
- A degree in Computing and Communications or any related discipline (an equivalent period of industrial experience may be substituted).
- Sufficient years experience in Security Accreditation activity including CESG, CPA, CAPS, CC, FIPS etc.
- Proficiency in C & C++ programming language (at least 5 years experience). This experience is necessary to understand existing code and write test code to verify security requirements.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Able to create accreditation strategy, a good understanding of security architecture, security evaluation, and Threat and Risk Assessment experience.
- Knowledge of various device security attack vectors including Apps, Browser, connectivity, device management, networking, local storage etc.
- Necessary documentation skills required to create process documents and day-to-day documents including PowerPoint’s
- A high degree of self motivation and a proactive approach to problem resolution.
- A good level of inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and logical-thinking capability.
- Specialist degree in IT security is desirable.
- Mobile device security certification experience is highly desirable.
- Have established contacts with certification bodies.
- In particular Android and Linux security experience is a bonus
- Having knowledge of SW design and development methodologies will be a plus point.
- Working experience within an organisation that develops real time embedded handset software
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is the global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 206,000 people across 72 countries with annual sales exceeding US $143.1 billion. Our goal is opening new possibilities for people everywhere.
Samsung Europe comprises 17 divisions (subsidiaries) across Europe that represent circa $32 bn. in sales. It has recently become the leading Consumer Electronics brand in the region in terms of recognition and most preferred by consumers. However, the ambition on the business is to become THE leading Electronics brand and to double its turnover by 2020.
In the pursuit of global excellence, we are continuously looking for dynamic new leaders for the digital age of the 21st Century. Imagine a career working for a company who is passionate about its people. It is our people that make Samsung the leader in diverse marketplaces and the market innovator that drives technology. At Samsung Electronics, our products, our people and our approach to business are held to only the highest standards so that we can effectively contribute to a better world.