Software Engineer C++ on automotive platforms
TomTom - full time
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
13 Jun 2017
What if we told you that you can achieve more at TomTom in less time than at any other company?
From coding the next product revolution, to selling it, we always want inspired people to join us.
Find the right vacancy for you? Please click Apply. We look forward getting to know you!
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making built-in car navigation since 2008, introduced the connected car in 2010 and are a major player in the area of Highly Automated Driving. And, we are not slowing down.
- Would you like to develop connected navigation products for the car industry that contribute to the FUTURE OF DRIVING?
- Do you want to play a key role in bringing the latest innovation to automotive end users?
- Do you want to be part of an Agile and international working environment, allowing you to develop yourself?
- What about being a part of a company pushing the envelope in HIGHLY AUTOMATED DRIVING
We are looking for the brightest C++ developers to join our Automotive team in Eindhoven. Your team is responsible creating TomTom’s next-generation connected navigation products.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Propose innovative solutions to technical issues and communicate with the team to collaborate accordingly.
- Realize innovative in-car navigation solutions using C++ or Java.
- Port the in-car navigation suite to different automotive platforms: QNX, Linux, AOSP etc..
- Work according to Agile methodology (Scrum, SAFe) including performing code reviews, design reviews, testing and writing documentation.
What we expect from you
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with C++, knowledge of Java, Python, and/or OO practices is an advantage.
- Knowledgeable about Operating System concepts and cross-platform development.
- Professional experience in using unit test frameworks.
- Hands-on mind-set and strong co-operative skills (communicate, listen, understand, convince, discuss, team building).
- Positive-critical mind-set regarding product quality.
- Analytical skills to determine and improve the testability of development deliverables and to find root causes and solutions for detected issues.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- An adventure in the cutting-edge field of digital mapping, traffic and navigation solutions.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- The opportunity to keep on developing hands-on after the Senior stage; become the expert and principal developer.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Indefinite contract, flexible benefits, 25 annual leave days, flexible holiday plan, collective health insurance, pension scheme, up to 50% discount on products, bonus scheme and International relocation package (if applicable).
- Eindhoven. A pretty cool city to live and work. Many international people working in this silicon valley of Europe!
Want to join us and be part of the FUTURE OF DRIVING?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.