Senior Software Development Engineer - Video Content Delivery
Amazon - full time
Portland, OR, USA
14 Jun 2017
Elemental Technologies, an Amazon Web Services company, is the leader in software-defined video solutions. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join us on our Delta product team, building the best Content Delivery Platform in the world.
Elemental Delta is a video delivery platform designed to optimize the monetization, management, and distribution of multiscreen video across internal and external IP networks. Through just-in-time (JIT) video packaging and intelligent caching, the platform enables a complete solution for time-shifted TV and real-time content delivery with advanced levels of customization and control, including network bandwidth optimization, profile manipulation, and highly targeted ad insertion.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop coding solutions around just-in-time video repackaging, distributed video delivery, optimizing for distributed data workflows, video delivery to many end-user devices (phones, tablets, computers, TVs), large scale http-based system architectures, caching strategies for maximizing performance, and encryption/DRM. This role requires outstanding programming skills as well as a passion for customers and clean architecture. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and deliver quality solutions with a high degree of autonomy. We love engineers that lead by example and multiply the skills of those around them, helping us achieve our goal of becoming the market leader and most respected brand in the video processing space.
What you’ll do:
- Write a lot of code
- Design and implement new features from specification to final test
- Work closely with WebDev, QA, and Automated Test Engineers to deliver a complete, tested customer solution
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always focused on the most important stuff
- Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
- Influence the future direction of our product
- Have fun in a challenging and rewarding environment
- A BS in Computer Science, Math, or an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- A demonstrable high proficiency in C++
- Experience and skill in developing operationally robust and debuggable software
- Media software development (protocols, DRM, packaging (HLS, DASH, Smooth, etc.)
- A deep understanding of MySQL, Postgres, or MS SQL
- Linux development
- Distributed systems
- Amazon Web Service experience