Join and lead a small, productive team churning out correct, maintainable, high-performance, modern C++ to support Discord's ever growing feature set across a world of devices from traditional desktops to mobile and beyond.
What you'll be doing
- Mentoring and growing a team of engineers.
- Developing all aspects of Discord desktop clients (Windows, macOS, Linux) from installation and updating to deep game integration and overlay technologies.
- Developing core libraries supporting high-quality, low latency communication on mobile clients (iOS, Android).
- Developing core infrastructure to enable high-quality, low latency communication between users.
- Developing the cross-platform Discord SDK used in games.
What you should have
- Minimum 4 years professional experience with a focus on embedded and/or systems-level engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of C++.
- Experience mentoring a team of engineers.
- Experience working on large, cross-platform software projects.
- Keen focus on code readability and incremental refactoring.
- Passion for self improvement and a healthy appetite for learning.
- Experience working on / contributing to Chromium
- Experience working on / contributing to Electron
- Experience working on / contributing to NodeJS
- Experience working on / contributing to WebRTC
- Experience with GN / Ninja
- Experience with the more esoteric corners of Win32
- Experience reverse engineering
- Management/technical leadership experience