Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Technical Project Team has the responsibility for scoping the effort from inception to product, communicating it to others, creating the partnerships necessary to achieve targeted results, and hitting key milestones. Building 8 seeks an experienced Computer Graphics Engineer to design and develop features and core-components for Building 8's self-serve hardware development tool. This is a hands-on implementation role and the candidate will be expected to communicate solutions clearly and work in a team setting. Candidate will work in a high impact and rapidly growing team that is seeking to revolutionize how consumer electronic products are created and distributed. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a two-year position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Design and develop features and core-components for Building 8's self-serve hardware development tool
- Help revolutionize how consumer electronic products are created and distributed
- Experience with building graphics tools, game engine development or CAD/CAM concepts
- Experience with architecture, design and optimization
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years professional experience in computer graphics related roles such as game engine development, graphics optimization or tool development
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++
- Experience in OpenGL, OpenGL-ES and WebGL
- Experience in single page web application development in environments such as Angular.js
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- A specialization in Computer Graphics