Our team achieves more. So can you.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic and fast moving team? NDS as a map data standard for navigation applications is an emerging technology that attracts growing attention with internal as well as external customers. It has the potential to become an industry standard with regard to in-car navigation maps as well as for future applications.
We are looking for best talents in C++ software engineering domain to join the NDS team responsible for creating navigation map formats.
At present, our team has approximately 70 team members in total located in Harsum, Lodz, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Taipei.
How about - Want to code the future?
Pretty big thinking. We like to think we make that happen.
You’ll be working in a small motivated team developing an industry standard navigation runtime format (Navigation Data Standard). This format is basis for state of the art in-car navigation solutions. As such you’ll be in touch with all aspects of a navigation solution including routing, guidance, display and advanced features. This includes also new innovative solutions to deploy and update map data to mobile devices and applications
Here’s a little taste of your challenge:
- Create and maintain the update client library, a software package managing map updates on navigation devices.
- Create compiler software to transform the TT map database into an NDS map
- Write and perform tests on your software components
- Provide support to internal and external customers on your software components.
- Contribute to the software architecture and design.
What we expect from you:
- University degree in informatics, geo-informatics or related
In depth C/C++ skills
- Good knowledge of CMake
- Experience with relational databases and SQL programming
- Familiarity with source code management systems.
- Good know how on cross platform development and tool chains (Crosstool-NG and GTest).
- Comfortable developing on Windows and Linux platforms
- Around 3 years of experience as a software developer.
What you can expect from us:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreunerialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.