What if we told you that you can achieve more at TomTom in less time than at any other company?
From coding the next product revolution, to selling it, we always want inspired people to join us.
Find the right vacancy for you? Please click Apply. We look forward getting to know you!
Our team achieves more every day. So can you.
We have been making navigation products since 2004 and we are not slowing down.
- Would you like to bring the navigation experience to life for millions of TomTom users?
- Do you want to work on a solution which operates on all sorts of devices and platforms?
- Does clean and maintainable code make you smile more than a good coffee?
In the TomTom office in Berlin we are working on the NavKit solution. This is the complex C++-coded algorithm used to plot the quickest route to any destination, on any device. As we are ushering into the (highly) automated driving, the TomTom NavKit is not only improving human-machine interaction, but also machine-to-machine instruction. Please see this video for more information. As a C++ Engineer you are involved in improving the routing, the guidance or the visualization of the Navigation solution.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
Produce great code
One minute you are discussing race conditions in multi-threaded code on a review, next you are in a whiteboard session with your colleagues drawing up the design of the next feature: you love what we refer to as “perfect code” that is recognized by your peers as being elegant and simple.
Constantly develop yourself
Languages evolve, platforms change and so you learn. You grab the chances we offer to develop yourself because you are curious and like to work with the latest tools and techniques in an ever changing technological landscape.
Apply and expand knowledge with either:
- complex algorithms (most probable path, ADAS)
- Digital Signal processing (GPS, Lidar)
- DevOps / Continuous Integration
What we expect from you
- Solid C++ programming skills and engineering know how (and a desire to keep learning).
- Strong mathematical skills to create and improve complex algorithms
- Willingness to work on large and complex projects using the latest Agile processes.
- Able to work and play well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. But if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.