We are the Office Mobile - Android Shared team, focused on building foundational elements that help power world class office experiences which delight hundreds of millions of engaged customers using office apps on Android across the world. As we embark on our next rung of growth, we have bold goals to modernize the stack and enable seamless experiences that help customers become productive on their phones. We leverage and build cutting edge technology across the Android platform to power delightful productivity experiences, while balancing mobile constraints. This involves building systems that scale intelligence across mobile and services.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is proficient in C++ who will work on Platform Agnostic Layer of Office codebase. This layer enables developers to write shared code in office product. Candidate should have proven background in collaborating with several partners and create mutually impactful successes. Candidate should be highly customer obsessed and have a strong drive for high quality. Our team values Grit and Fun as our strategic way of being. An ideal candidate would espouse this.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- 10+ years of experience in technical roles, solid ship experience across product life cycle
- Strong proficiency in C++, Java and Android low level details. Familiarity with Kotlin and React Native is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.