We are seeking an Senior Application Developer to join the Equities Delta One Technology team in Sydney. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the suite of trading systems that support the ETF market making business. They will be working closely with the global ETF market making team on regional and global business priorities, and actively engaging in all aspects of SDLC including gathering business requirements, designing, coding, testing and deploying applications in accordance with Citi's Information Technology Management Policies (CITMP). The successful candidate must possess exceptional software engineering and development capabilities in Java (C++ knowledge is highly desirable) and Linux (Red Hat) skills, as well as experience with relational databases (Sql Server/ORACLE)
- Develop technical solutions to meet business requirements taking into account recommended technologies, non-functional requirements, internal policies and procedures
- Participate in all elements of SDLC from gathering business requirements through designing, coding, testing and deploying applications
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and other technology team members both locally and regionally
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the local equities business.
- Very strong capabilities in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques / methodologies
- Experience with Market Making concepts and platforms would be beneficial.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and strong C++ skills
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies including associated software development life-cycles.
- Ability to conceive technical solutions that best meet business requirements taking into account recommended technologies, non-functional requirements, internal policies and procedures, effort and schedule.
- Sound knowledge of Linux (RedHat), knowledge of RDBMS (SQL Server/ORACLE) helpful.
- Knowledge of third-party Market Data provider platforms (eg: Reuters), and vendor platforms (IRESS) is highly desirable.
- Experience with Shell and Perl scripting.
- Good problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES/INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Energetic, dynamic, motivated and adaptable to changes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts to various audiences (both business and technology) at appropriate level in clear and concise manner.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that are supported and accepted by various parties.
- Good prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Formal training and experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques / methodologies and related tools.
- Experience (10 years+) with analysis and design in a real-time environment, preferably gained in a financial trading systems environment
- Solid experience in performance analysis and tuning of latency/throughput sensitive applications.
- Experience in documenting, coordinating and conducting Unit, System/Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Degree in computer science, information technology or engineering
Comply with the ethical standards contained in the Citigroup Code of Conduct.
Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.