Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
- Has responsibilities as an individual contributor and should be a domain expert of computer graphics
- Pursue evolving techniques about computer graphics
- Leads software design process
- Mentors team members to constantly grow the efficiency of the graphics team
- Assigns programming modules and tasks to team
- Leads a team in the development of software products
- Completes performance evaluations and bonus reviews for direct reports
- Makes recommendations for promotions for individuals in group
- Responsible for coordinating with VP to understand goals of the team
- Coordinates with other Leads, Managers, and Directors to understand evolving needs of larger team
- Develops programming schedules and participates in estimating timelines and goals for milestone planning
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- 10+ years’ experience in video game industry
- In-depth understanding of 3D graphics techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software
- Solid background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
- Strong industrial experience in programming languages, such as C/C++, #C
- Excellent project management skills; extensive capability in academic research. Strong math and physics skills
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.