The Desktop and Web team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Windows, Mac, Linux and Web-based platforms at Unity. With the revival of desktop gaming in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of one of the oldest and most loved gaming platforms of all time.
Joining Unity's Desktop and Web team means not only helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help shape some of the newest.
You have preferably worked on performance-critical, cross-platform applications in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, portable and maintainable code. You may also be familiar with real-time, browser-based application development using technologies such as HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly or Emscripten. If you are looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers who are deploying Unity to the Web, you have come to the right place.
- Maintain and extend “Unity WebGL”, Unity’s Web-based platform
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements
- Communicate with browser vendors such as Google, Mozilla, Apple and Microsoft to help keep Unity at the frontier of the Web’s ever-changing landscape
- Enable developers to ship the best games and experiences possible for the Web
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Development experience with technologies such as LLVM, WebGL, Emscripten and/or WebAssembly
- Working knowledge of current Web Standards and browser compatibility
- Windows, Mac or Linux programming experience
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Performance-minded development