Our collaborative and inclusive team is looking for C++ programmers with a passion for low-level, performance minded coding and experience in, or an interest in learning about, hardware design. Day to day tasks may include performance analysis, software optimization, and writing new software tools.
As part of the AI and Advanced Architecture team, you would join a cross-discipline team of highly capable and motivated people in the Azure Hardware Systems Group. This unique team is tasked with inventing and deploying innovative hardware IP, tooling and architectures that differentiate the Azure ecosystem, deliver strategic impact to Microsoft, and democratize hardware development to empower our customers to benefit from acceleration as well. Our work spans the stack from silicon to solutions, and across domains including deep learning, storage, and networking.
- Analysis and evaluation of proposed software designs and architectures.
- Software engineering and design in C/C++, Python, and other languages.
- Design and build interface modules to adapt DNN frameworks to run on new platforms.
- Adapt DNN models to run on new platforms.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- BS or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
- 8+ years in experience in Java, C#, Python, or related languages
- 4+ years' experience with C/C++
- 2+ years' experience in Python
- 8+ years of industry experience along with a M.S. or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Exposure to Deep Neural Network training and inference and experience in one or more deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, CNTK, etc)
- Knowledgeable in linear algebra, computer arithmetic, processor and accelerator architecture, or compiler design
- Great cross-team collaboration skills and the desire to collaborate in a team of researchers and developers
- Experience with Python internals and experience integrating C/C++ and Python
Strong communication skills (both written and oral)