Role and Responsibilities
Purpose of the Role:
We are currently looking for intern doing MSc or PhD to join our growing team in Staines-upon-Thames. This is a good opportunity to work on next generation mobile devices from Samsung.
The prospective intern will investigate vision techniques for object detection, segmentation and processing of live camera frames and images on desktop, mobile or any other embedded devices. The prospective intern will have an opportunity to work on production environments and solve industry relevant problems.
As a Computer Vision and Robotics intern you will:
- Review state of the art computer vision and robotics research papers and develop prototype solutions.
- Development of software and algorithms for computer vision, image processing and deep learning models
- Have technical responsibility for one or more significant sections of the assigned project
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
Skills and Qualifications
Skills and attributes:
- Masters, Ph.D., or equivalent experience in Computer Vision or Machine Learning (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong 3D maths skills
- Programming proficiency in OpenCV, Matlab, C++/Java/Python
- Experience of using Deep Learning libraries like Caffe, Torch and/or TensorFlow
- Excellent communication, team work and a results-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging
- Experience of Android application development
- Experience with compute and graphics APIs like CUDA, OpenCL, and OpenGL.
- Familiarity with: object detection, image classification.
- Familiarity with Robot OS (ROS)
- Familiarity with embedded devices like Raspberry Pi
- Experience with depth sensors and motion sensors (gyroscope, accelerometer, etc.)
- Experience with SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and navigation