GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
The Video Engine team provides the cross-platform engines that power each of the GoPro applications. Those tools assemble, filter and create video edits from a variety of user's media. Being part of this team means that you will be at the center of the action, working with artists to create the best video editing experience on mobile and desktop platforms.
As an engine developer, you will play a tech leading role in the team and contribute to some of the following topics:
- Cross platform tools: We develop core cross platform tools for use across the GoPro stack. Those include a video analysis and testing infrastructure, and various tools and libraries (logging, file management, ...).
- Audio Engine: An advanced audio engine with multiple effects (mixing, ducking, dynamic compression, ...) that provides real-time, sample-exact playback audio on all platforms.
- Video Engine : This C++, cross platform engine provides real-time playback and export of complex scenes and video edits for all kind of media, including high framerate and spherical videos. This engine is currently built on top of OpenGL and Vulkan.
Skills We’re Stoked About
Candidates for this role should be proficient in
- C++, C, Python
- Understanding, refactoring and designing large architectures
- Cross-platform experience on desktop (Windows, Linux, macOS)
Experience in one or many of the following skills is also desirable:
- Sound processing, image, video
- Experience in 3D rendering (OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX)
- Experience with FFmpeg / video formats
- Mobile development
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.