Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Traffic Engineering
Netflix - full time
Los Gatos, California, USA
10 Apr 2019
As a SRE on our team, you will...
- Improve the Netflix viewing experience by driving improvements that address network availability, performance, efficiency, and security
- Develop tools and services to automate the analysis and remediation of network-specific events
- Collaborate with engineering teams to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and drive campaigns to evangelize cloud networking best practices
- Partner with internal engineering teams to identify cloud networking gaps and opportunities that you will ultimately transform into feature requests for our cloud provider
We would love to speak with you if you’re someone with...
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Expertise understanding of TCP/IP and network-related protocols
- Expertise with one for more of the following: C, C++, Go, Java, Python, Scala
- Expertise both system architecture and operating large-scale distributed systems
- Expertise in modern configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Fabric, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine)
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in engineering or a related field
- You’ll be part of a team that’s all about taking calculated risks, and we're not shy about cutting-edge technologies.
- Our engineers own and drive complete solutions that ultimately improve the quality of the Netflix viewing experience. You won’t be a cog in a machine here. You’ll make real and lasting impact.
- Our culture is unique and operates on the premise of freedom and responsibility, allowing our employees to flourish in ways they never have before.