It’s an exciting time here at ING and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, to join our Core Banking squad on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Join us by applying your skills in leading software engineering technologies, to create new features and improvements throughout our technology stack.
You will be a part of a supportive and dynamic team, delivering innovative products which are at the forefront of digital banking.
What are you going to do?
- Work along the full lifecycle of software engineering from idea to working production
- Design reusable services following Service Oriented Design principles
- Engineer solutions which are highly secure and performant at scale
- Write code that is easy to read, highly maintainable, and written with automated testing in mind
- Leveraging the best in TDD / BDD practices to delivery working software, every time
- Coach other engineers and team members to increase their capability and in turn the capability of the scrum teams and organisation
- Maintain a focus on personal development of soft skills including refining ability to operate in ambiguity and problem solving skills
- Ensure the effective documentation and communication of knowledge, system and process
- Ensure effective communication of scope, progress, concerns, issues
- Ensure effective creation and ongoing management of all collateral
- Foster and deliver effective adoption of continuous delivery methodology, practice and attitudes / mindsets
- Foster continuous improvement – i.e. bettering the way we do things and are
- An advocate for the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies and attitudes. Role model Agile leadership behaviours
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualified in Computer Science or similar
- Fluent in 3+ development languages. Core: COBOL ,C++
- Solid in T-SQL and Linux scripting
- Strength in tools across full software delivery lifecycle, e.g. IDE, source control, CI, test, mocking, work tracking, defect management, etc.
- Proficient in full stack development (e.g. database, services and user interface) or mastery in one layer of the stack with sound understanding of other layers
- 7+ years in development/software engineering
- 4+ years’ experience working within Agile organisations
- Technical leadership in delivery for significant software applications / projects
- Ability to operate and provide technical leadership in ambiguity
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills that ensure ability to influence and educate non-technical staff
- Proven ability to lead personal and technical development
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritise and delegate to achieve exceptional outcomes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network and stay abreast of changes within the industry and profession
Nice to have
Industry recognition of capability in these technologies:
- Testing: Selenium, API Automation, TDD/BDD, Junit
- Source Control: Git, TFS
- Other: MS Build, PowerShell, Linux
- Regular participation in community networks such as GitHub and Code Project