Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco AMP engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. The AMP team is a highly performant group that is involved with all stages of the product development process from solving complex engineering problems to working directly with customers.
What You’ll do
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cisco AMP engineering group based in Calgary. The hired employee will develop software primarily for the macOS and Linux platforms to meet high performance and reliability standards without compromising security. Tasks include designing new features, investigating field issues, resolving defects, contributing to code reviews and mentoring junior team members.
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 6 years of experience developing multi-threaded software using C and/or C++
- Ability to analyze complex problems and effectively communicate technical details
- Knowledgeable in UNIX style operating systems, POSIX API and shell scripting
- Proficient with tools for debugging, profiling, source version control, static analysis, build management and automated testing
- Experience and/or strong interest in network security
- Experience and/or strong interest in secure coding best practices
- Experience with device drivers, file system drivers or TCP/IP networking
- Experience developing in mixed OS environments including macOS, Linux and Windows
- Experience developing for mobile platforms including Apple iOS and Android