Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer to work in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Engineer will be perform the following duties:
- develop, maintain and add software features to the HERMES transit dispatching system;
- deploy software, and support and repair integration problems;
- interact with U.S. and foreign railway customers (including DMRC) during project to create software design documents, develop (in C++, Linux), unit test and deliver software;
- interact with sub-system teams (including Core CBTC, and IXL) to develop and support complete working solution; (v) review software requirements, test plans and scripts and review safety critical code to adhere to coding standards and SIL (Software Integrity Level).
Position requires a Master's degree in Systems Science, Computer Science, or Software Engineering, as well as four (4) years of experience in a software engineering position for rail control solutions.
Experience required with the following:
- implementing, testing and deploying software solutions for complex transit dispatching systems, and providing related software support to customers for time sensitive issues;
- understanding, modifying and using tools for deployment and maintenance of dispatching system software;
- full life-cycle software development, design, implementation and support;
- Object Oriented Design Principles;
- extensive C++ programming (or similar object oriented language), extensive Linux programming, and software development in Linux including, but not limited to, Shell Scripting;
- Railway Standards including, but not limited to, CENELAC EN50128; and
- Rational Team Concert, Eclipse Framework and distributed computing architecture and programming.