What a C++ engineer does at EA:
- Develop new features, engine components and tools.
- Create reusable & scalable software modules.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other game-related sub-components and packages
- Profile and optimize modules of the game and of the game’s engine.
The next great EA C++ Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Passion for building games and interest or knowledge in at least one related domain: AI, gameplay, physics, rendering, game tools, low level engineering, online & connectivity, etc.
- C++ proficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of software design principles, object-oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
- Strong grasp on algorithms and data structures.
- Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
- Strong understanding of code revision control workflow and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library and STL containers [Nice to have]
- Experience with performance profiling tools.