Work Location: any SUSE office (or home office) worldwide
At SUSE, we are passionate about Open Source and we are major contributors to many upstream projects. In our daily work, we value creativity and innovation, while staying focused on delivering business results. Our engineering team is a global team from almost all continents. SUSE has a wide field of advanced technologies, and offers developers with an open and curious mind a great opportunity to apply, grow, and enhance their skills.
We are looking for a software engineer with a solid understanding of Linux networking internals and with development experience in virtual switches and packet processing. As part of the SUSE Linux Enterprise department, you will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to emerging networking technologies such as DPDK, FD.io and Open vSwitch. In the context of integrating and enhancing these technologies in SUSE products. You will be responsible for enriching our offering in the NFV field and delivering carrier grade performance in our products.
If you have been contributing to any open-source project, please share with us any link or reference that might be appropriate.
- Enthusiasm about Data Center Networking and Open Source Development
- Bachelor's degree in CS/EE or equivalent and 3 or more years of related work experience.
- Very strong general Linux distribution and development skills
- Strong experience developing with C, C++ or Python or Go
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Familiarity with Open vSwitch, DPDK, FD.io
- Experience with OpenStack and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in NFV is a big plus
- Experience with OpenSUSE Build Service