As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of documentation
- Develop embedded software solutions
- Track and analyze the latest power optimization solutions and low-power technology trends in mobile fields and implement them into our products.
- Work closely with hardware, BSP, and QA engineers to insure optimal efficiency implementation of system power features.
- Work with our low-power and thermal engineers to share power consumption and define optimal low-power and thermal solutions.
- Participate in power analysis reviews and improvements.
- Identification of software design and implementation issues negatively impacting power consumption at system levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Master’s degree
- Multimedia expertise
- Power Software features for power optimization experience
- Experience in power analysis and thermal impact
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Extensive knowledge of the Android framework
- Understanding of embedded development constraints
- Data analysis skills
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Java coding skills
- Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams
- Experience working on consumer electronics products
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
- Shell scripting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills