We are looking for someone to join our team to investigate new and existing 3D graphics content trends and how these apply to current and future Mali GPUs and Arm-based systems.
You will approach this from a use-case and performance perspective, and work closely with software and hardware architects, driver development teams, and commercial teams to identify existing challenges and future opportunities.
Arm's Central Technology organisation is responsible for early development selection of technology to keep Arm's products redefining the state-of-the-art. Are you passionate about the future of graphics technology? If yes, join us and help drive the technology forward!
What you will be accountable for
- Investigating and quantifying features of and improvements to future mobile graphics on Mali, including implications on hardware design and software architecture in tandem with other specialists. This may include software prototyping of such changes to further our understanding, proposing changes to the Mali GPU architecture or proposing and providing feedback on new API extensions.
- Providing guidance on GPU hardware and driver roadmaps.
- Investigating and explaining new technology and its implications to internal and external partners.
- Hands-on experience using one more of the OpenGL ES, Vulkan, DirectX, or Metal APIs. You know the APIs well enough to be annoyed at their limitations!
- Knowledge of a variety of modern graphics techniques; awareness of and opinions on where modern graphics is going and the motivating forces behind these trends.
- A deep understanding of GPU architectures, the workloads GPUs are likely to see and associated performance expectations.
- You combine the above with a good C++ development experience, know your way around common development tools (e.g. version control systems) and are comfortable independently developing your own tools and prototypes.
- You are self-motivated and ambitious, and have the ability to work as part of a team and to network across teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, distilling and engaging wide ranging audiences in discussion on complex technical subjects
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.