Software R&D (SW-R&D) Grid Simulation (GS) in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent is part of Siemens Smart Infrastructures (SI) Digital Grid (DG). This group brings together the fields of utility network planning, simulation, analysis and network model management with the PSS® (PSS® power system simulation and modeling software) product portfolio. Grid Simulation mainly employs an innovative approach throughout the different fields of application in order to create competent software solutions and products. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Software Development Engineer in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent office.
Software Development Engineer (SDE) is responsible to build, develop and test functional programs in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment. The SDE additionally supports software/process related global initiatives in the organization of Smart Infrastructure (SI) - Digital Grid (DG) - Grid Simulation. The SDE directly reports to local manager, plus functionally reports to the local and global project responsible.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining Desktop applications and components of the Grid Simulation PSS® software portfolio under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an Agile environment according to SAFe framework,
- Taking responsibilities on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Background in desktop application development (e.g. C, C++, Fortran),
- Software development experience in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python),
- Experience in complex software development projects,
- Development experience with MS Visual Studio
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- General Knowledge of Design Patterns, best practices and their usages,
- Modern C++ (e.g. C++11 and newer editions),
- Configuration Management Systems (e.g. GIT),
- Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts (e.g. Jenkins),
- Background in Computer Graphics concepts and experience in related APIs (such as OpenGL, Vulkan, WebGL, Direct3D),
- Performance and memory optimization,
- Data modeling and management (e.g. file based and/or relational database),
- Know-how on Energy Distribution and Transmission networks
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Team player with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and energetic attitude,
- Eager to learn new technologies and Energy domain know-how
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.