At Massive, we’re looking for an experienced C++ backend developer to join our services team at Uplay. As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy distributed backend services that power our desktop client and Ubisoft PC titles with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability. You’ll be using a wide spectrum of technologies ranging from Protocol buffers, RESTful APIs, databases such as MySQL, Apache Cassandra and Graph databases.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other programmers, designers and testers to help us realize the Ubisoft PC gaming platform.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Participating in or leading feature task forces for technical design and implementation/improvements of new features.
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code. This covers topics such as: game data distribution, network architecture modelling, database management, game content related data management (e.g., Achievements), server monitoring, social features (e.g., chat, friends), API integrations, and much more.
- Building highly scalable services with low latency.
- Writing clear, modular and maintainable code.
You as a person
You’re driven person that is passionate about developing software platform for games with millions of users. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in C++.
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs,
- Experience with at least one of the following: relational databases (MySQL), graph databases (AWS Neptune) and NoSQL databases (Apache Cassandra)
- Docker containers.
- Asynchronous programming.
- Multi-threaded applications.
- Developing for cross platform.
- AWS (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.)
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.