Software Engineer, Video Encoding, Google Cloud Platform
Sunnyvale, California, USA
26 May 2020
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience in C/C++.
- Experience with software-based video encoding, decoding, streaming software development, video/audio codec internals, and video formats.
- Experience in Cloud API development.
- 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent coding skill in two or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Linux.
- Experience in the following domains: audio/video streaming or other real time computing application, open source video processing tools, cross-platform development in several CPU/operating system environments and network protocols.
- Familiar with file container formats such as ISOBMFF and MPEG-2 Transport streams, and video streaming protocols such as DASH and HLS.
- Experience in DRM technologies (e.g., widevine, fairplay, playready).
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps broadcasters, content owners, media companies transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products. Google cloud video services provides platform as a service model to enterprises who need to fully automate video encoding, editing, publishing and secure syndication to multiple business partners on multiple platforms. Google cloud video provide dynamic ad/content stitching technology services that enables our customers to maximize revenue by replacing TV ads with user-targeted dynamic ads on all screens and creates unmatched monetization opportunities on all mobile and connected devices.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work on complex, multi-disciplinary live/VOD video encoding projects using your engineering expertise in building global scalable systems in C++, Node.js.
- Design, implement and launch highly-reliable and complex cloud video encoding and live streaming, dynamic packaging services from the planning stage through execution to product launch.
- Be part of an exceptional team and cultivate innovation and agile development.
- Work on highly-scaled and robust serving systems and cloud API development.