Dreaming of what the future will be like? Come create it!
Phantom Works International is The Boeing Company's applied technology research and development arm responsible for building the future ‒ creating innovative solutions and defining the next generation of autonomous aerospace technology. We are inventors, builders, designers, creators, architects and dreamers—making the impossible possible. We are now recruiting for the position of Senior C++ Software Engineer located at our Brisbane office to join our advanced concepts modelling and simulation development team.
Successful applicants for the position will be experienced career C++ software developers with a depth of understanding and passion for software development and application design/architecture in areas such as; modelling and simulation, data visualisation/analytics, scientific computing, artificial intelligence, virtual reality and/or games development.
Applicants will need to meet the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related
- Extensive experience in the desired technical disciplines
- Strong knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice (C++11/14 mandatory, 17 desirable) and C++ frameworks (eg Qt, Boost).
- Able to interpret engineering maths and physics concepts and implementing as software models and algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within an agile development team and with people across all organisational levels
- Ability to obtain an Australian defence security clearance (NV1)
- Experience with modern 3D graphics and UI development (OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph, CesiumJS, WebGL)
- Experience with architecting for and deploying applications to cloud and distributed platforms such as Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry.
- Experience in full-stack webtech application development, including design and implementation of asynchronous Web APIs (REST, SSE, WebSockets etc.), and demonstrated proficiency with modern server-side technologies and frameworks (Node, Express, Django, Mongo, etc.)
- Experience/knowledge of defence modelling and simulation software and technology development
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
The Phantom Works division of Boeing Defence, Space & Security conducts customer engagement activities to understand future needs and innovation activities to create next generation prototypes of future Boeing products and services.