We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
We are looking for curious and bright software developers to join our navigation solutions development teams in Berlin. The experience (and future opportunities) may include designing and developing software for both embedded and online navigation systems, interact with cars onboard electronics, deliver the best possible user experience to drivers and solving scalability issues when dealing with huge amounts of static and dynamic map and traffic data.
In addition to this, you will also be able to
- Be part of an open-minded and collegial working culture embracing feedback and personal growth
- Work as part of an autonomous and non-hierarchical Scrum Team in a scaled agile environment
- Have a chance to impact our processes and methodologies
- Be a part of regular innovation projects and hackathons
- Have a personal learning budget for enriching your skills
What you’ll need
- Combining technical and analytical skills, but also a high level of empathy and a genuine interest in humans
- Enjoy being a hands-on developer
- C++ programming experience
- Architectural and problem solving mindset
- Passion for continuous improvement and experimentation
- Desire to learn, and expand your skill set
- Ability to think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table
- You enjoy achieving things together as a team
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience of pair programming, test driven development and design patterns
- Mobile programming experience
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms and DevOps
Meet your team
We’re Navigation, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. We develop software for onboard, hybrid, and online navigation applications – used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. Using a Navigation Data Standard (NDS) run-time format, our software includes navigation domain logic for traffic-dependent routing, route guidance, map visualization, search, positioning, and machine learning-based predictions and suggestions. On our team, you’ll see your work transforming connected and embedded navigation around the world.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.