As CTO, you will be constantly challenged with solving complex technical problems while mentoring the Engineers team and establishing standards on technological best practices. You will get to communicate and work closely with Verbio’s product teams and get to know our cutting edge Speech Recognition, Voice Biometrics, Speech Synthesis and Cognitive Brain technologies, thoroughly.
● Align the technical activities with our company’s strategy.
● Identify technology trends that may support or impede the success of the business, as well as opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services
● Provide full support to teams in the event of technical challenges
● Manage and coach our engineers to higher levels of excellence
● Ensure that there is a consistent criteria for hiring and retaining technical staff.
● Oversee any changes in system architecture.
● Define software development and quality assurance processes to ensure the product needs are met.
● Ensure system infrastructure is working efficiently and is used properly.
● Reduce the risk of technological breaches and protect sensitive digital information.
● Ensure that product evolution provides a smooth upgrade path for existing installations.
● A minimum of 5 years proven experience in software development leadership positions within B2B medium sized companies.
● Experience designing, developing and maintaining software installed on customer facilities.
● Solid understanding of all aspects related to system engineering (networking, Linux operating systems, databases, security, etc.)
● Strong knowledge of programming best practices (including testing, CI…) and mastery of one of these programming languages: C++, Rust
● Strong Project management skills
● Team player and leadership skills
● Results-oriented approach with a clear ability to think strategically
For this position you must hold a valid Spanish/EU Working Permit
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transport & kindergarten tickets, health insurance)
– Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
– Remote work available (occasionally during the first 6 months, and up to 2 days per week from 6 months onwards)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, the sky is the limit!