GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
You will design and implement drivers for camera system. This includes microcontrollers, RTOS based drivers and Linux based drivers. The job includes understanding the power and thermal architecture of the system and writing control code to have a reliable product firmware. The job involves working closely with the HW engineers to review the schematic and bringing up the board for the new camera system. It also includes supporting the manufacturing teams to do root cause analysis during manufacturing ramp up. The work done will be the foundation platform for building the camera system.
- Develop, Integrate and test Firmware modules for camera products
- Collaborate with hardware engineers and Product Managers to develop firmware modules that meets product requirement
- Collaborate with Firmware QA to make releases and fix defects in the lifecycle of firmware development
- Experience in Embedded systems development and programming
- Protocol knowledge of USB, I2C, I2S, UART, PCI-Express etc.
- Very good knowledge of C/C++
Skills We’re Stoked About
- BS (MS/PhD plus) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field with 2+ years’ experience in hands-on development of Linux or RTOS based embedded systems
- Expertise in development for Linux kernel and/or RTOS device drivers
- System performance monitoring and tuning expertise would be a plus;
- Experience with real-time debugging tools for both software and hardware
- Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging preferably on ARM-based platforms
- Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro;
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Complex medical insurance;
- Life insurance and disability benefits