The role is to manage and drive the Data initiatives with regards to building world class cross market analytics solutions from Olympus data fabric and also to lead the data migration initiatives into Olympus ensuring they align to the overall global Data Strategy.
The person will be leading the analytics platform build out for APAC business which will involve both real time and historical post and pre-trade analytics reporting for Equities to start with and will be expanded to cover cross markets in the longer term.
Olympus is data fabric built on Big data architecture, that will be the strategic data platform being rolled out. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of global teams and books of work delivering across the markets group.
- Lead the APAC Markets data analytics team and manage the team’s career and expectations
- Formulate and implement the data strategy in line with global markets data strategy
- Establish strong relationships with the global business stakeholders and ensure transparency of project deliveries
- Work with Global Business stakeholders to ensure that their priorities are being met and incorporated into the global work stream
- Ensure that Production Stability is one of the key focus areas in all the deliveries that comes out of the teams in Singapore
- Mentoring and building within the group on a local and global level
- Improve scalability within the platforms and work with cloud based strategy
- Work effectively with global teams to drive key projects and solutions.
- Communicate ideas clearly with a focus on how end-user functionality is impacted.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in Java/C++ development background and preferably big data technologies
- Experience of 15+ years in developing, defining and delivering data and analytics solutions
- Experience in Data technologies including strong database knowledge
- Knowledge of Front office trading (preferably Equities) and investment banking experience preferred
- Experience in working with pre and post trade analytics and cross markets knowledge is preferred
- Strong leadership and management experience of leading large teams.
- Strong communication skills in handling varied business stakeholders and ensuring project transparency
- Experience with modern software development practices (test-driven development, Agile continuous integration)
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Solid English written and verbal communication ability, including the ability to put together clear, concise, accurate reports and Email communication.
- Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be trader and sales facing)
- Strong leadership skills
- Have excellent analytical skills with strong stakeholder engagement.