oin QCOM Technologies Inc Global SVE (System/Validation/Emulation) team delivering solutions for design of leading-edge wireless products. Qualcomm is leading 5G innovations ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. The Qualcomm Global SVE team is currently seeking C++ Developers and Engineers to develop CAD tools and SW for latest design, methodology, technology, algorithms and automation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop software and automation for chip design
- Participate in developing methodologies for SoC design
- Strong debug skills, aptitude to learn and resolve complex issues
- Contributing towards the continuous development of Tools, Technology and Flows
Where you will be working
Cork has a proud reputation as Ireland's second largest economic engine and is now one of the Top 20 location choices in Europe with 39,000 people being employed by over 170 overseas companies.
There's a growing diversity in the region with people from many nationalities relocating to Cork, relishing the opportunity to work and live in a location that offers an excellent quality of life.
A gateway to Europe, Cork airport provides access to almost 50 international destinations including transatlantic air routes.
Qualcomm Cork, a greenfield site based in the beautiful harbour city of Cork opened its doors in August 2013 and has been growing ever since across our QCT Engineering, OneIT and HR teams.
The Cork QCT engineering team is now over 220+ engineers strong and is continuing to expand. Our engineers work on all aspects of leading-edge technology (7nm, 5nm), including; Analog Mixed Signal, Security, Power Management, Sensors, Machine Learning, Modelling, Validation, Design Automation, Automotive and Physical Design. We are the R&D engine that benefits the world in three ways: Enabling Customers, Transforming Industries and Enriching Lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cork have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us.
What's on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- As much Nespresso as you can handle!!!
- Free fruit every Monday and Wednesday
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years software and algorithm development
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfil the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
- Very strong C++ programming skills with algorithm development
- Strong in data structures
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated, excellent team spirit, product and customer oriented
- Master's or PhD. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Preferred programming experience with Python
- Exposure to VLSI design concepts, logic design
- Some knowledge of CAD/EDA Tools and Flows is beneficial
- Background in Mathematics is beneficial
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.