Are we right for you?
Arm is looking to welcome a graduate into one of our growing software teams, based in our Manchester office, working in C++ to help us deliver technologies related to Image Processing, Augmented and Virtual reality, and Graphics.
We'd like you to bring passions for software development, the power of working as a team, and personal development and, in return, the team will provide you with mentorship, a collaborative environment for you to grow your career, and exposure to technology that will be the foundation for the innovative products for years to come.
About the role
Our team uses C++ to create software implementations of different image processing technologies used by Arm's Mali Display family of processors. Our system architects then use our software to explore new techniques and architectures for the future.
At the same time our team is also creating implementations (models) in software of real Arm products, modelling their expected behaviour and output; our product design teams take our models and use them to verify that their own implementations are correct.
Your role will be collaborate and grow with us as a peer in the team, learning about new technologies we're developing, contributing code implementing new algorithms into our deliveries, reviewing your peer's code and improving our automation and testing infrastructures.
About Software at Arm
The software engineering teams at Arm play a meaningful role in the entire lifecycle of Arm's products. They enable early architectural exploration in collaboration with our Architect teams, they provide crucial deliveries that support the development of our hardware products and they build tools, drivers and services, that enable our customers to create technology that empowers the world.
Software at Arm today is developed using modern, industry-standard tools and techniques. We value the art of great code-reviews (and reviewers), get excited by testing early and frequently with the use of automated continuous integration tools and take joy when our teams pull together and achieve success through delivering in sprints.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program, on track to earn a degree in computer science, or a related field
Essential Skills & Qualities
- A creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- Hands-on experience coding in C++, or very strong skills in at least one other language and an ability to learn quickly.
- A strong will and eagerness for learning and self-improvement
Useful skills and experience
Any of the following skills would help you progress quicker, however we will invest our time in developing these skills in you if you don't have them yet:
- A passion for modern C++ (11/14/17)
- An understanding of fixed-point arithmetic
- Experience with Linux, scripting and source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion).
- Exposure of modern software development concepts (e.g. Continuous Integration, iterative development)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.